There are affiliate links in here. I get a small commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you
It’s time for another fun book tag that no one tagged me in haha. I found this one on BookLovingNut and decided it sounded fun.
I already did a Disney song book tag but this one is more for Disney movies. I’m not going to tag anyone because I don’t know who I would even tag, but I would love to see your answers if you decide to do this, too!
I feel like most book tags are pretty easy to find answers for but I actually had to scroll through my read shelf on Goodreads for this one!
- If you want to listen to some of these, consider trying Audible! You can get your first month free (one free book) plus tons of others they have for free. Get that Audible deal here.
- If you’re on more of a budget, try Scribd! You can get your first month free there. You can read books and listen to audiobooks. It is unlimited (especially the reading) but if you listen to tons of new audiobooks you may be restricted after a few. I don’t listen to enough to confirm this, but I do use Scribd myself and like it a lot.
- If you want to read more on your Kindle but don’t want to buy books, Kindle Unlimited is a wonderful option. It’s $9.99 a month but if you read a lot and like to read more than just new releases, it could be worth it. Get Kindle Unlimited here!
- Get $5 off of $25 from BookOutlet! This is a great place to find new books for pretty cheap. They also have sales quite a bit, so keep an eye out for those. I tend to check here for books I want if they’re more expensive other places. They don’t have everything but they do have a lot. Get that deal here.
- Thrift Books has become my go-to when I’m looking for a book and want it cheap. It’s great if you like buying used books. With this you can get a free book after spending $30!
- Shop my book lists here! You can find every book list I have on Bookshop.org (except my monthly round-ups) and I add everything I can but they occasionally won’t have some. I do occasionally add extras though. If any lists are empty, they’ll be filled in shortly! Shop my bookshop.org book lists here.
The Little Mermaid – a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”
Elisabeth from Sorcery of Thorns – I thought this one was perfect because Elisabeth grows up in the libraries thinking sorcerers are the worst then she finds herself stuck living with one and his demonic assistant.
Obviously, she’s totally out of her element here, living in his house, learning sorcerers aren’t quite as bad as she was taught growing up.
Cinderella – a character who goes through a major transformation
Aster from The Witch Boy – I couldn’t find one for this, but this one was perfect! All the boys in Aster’s family grow up to be shapeshifters and the girls, witches.
Aster doesn’t want to be a shapeshifter, though, he wants to be a witch. He doesn’t see why it shouldn’t matter that he’s a boy and wants to be a witch.
As the story goes on, he’s allowed to learn witchcraft. I think this is the perfect transformation story as he grows into himself as a boy witch.
Snow White – a book with an eclectic cast of characters
Aurora Rising – This is kind of like The Breakfast Club in space but with aliens. The group is made up of beauty, brains, and brawn, but from the bottom of the pecking order in class.
Also, I know at least one of the authors is quite problematic and I don’t condone that but I still love the stories. This and Illuminae are two of my favorite series.
Sleeping Beauty – a book that put you to sleep
The Toll – Oof. This one was not it. I read this one on my Kindle which I really only read before bed, which didn’t help, but this one really didn’t do it for me.
It started out with a creepy atmosphere, but it wasn’t logical. And I know it’s supernatural so it’s doesn’t really need to be logical but this just wasn’t it.
The Lion King – a character who had something traumatic happen to them in childhood
Nora from The canyon’s Edge – This was SO GOOD and Nora technically had two traumatic things happen to her in her childhood. Her mother was killed in a random shooting at a diner and she and her father got separated and washed away in a slot canyon flash flood.
Beauty and the Beast – a beast of a book (a big book) that you were intimidated by, but found the story to be beautiful
She finished it before she left and left it in the hostel book exchange. I wanted to read it but it was such a huge book to carry around when you just have a backpack.
It was still there so I took it and read it over the whole month I was in the Philippines. I think everyone i met while I was there was invested in how much of it I read every day.
I started it the day I got there (also the day I got the worst sunburn ever) and finished it the day before I left. I loved it and bought it when I got home (I gave it away when I finished it) and I have it on Kindle, too. I need to reread this one.
Aladdin – a character who gets their wish granted, for better or worse
Tally-Wa from Uglies – All Tally wants is to be made Pretty when she turns sixteen but she has to stay ugly to save her friend Shay. SPOILERS AFER THIS FOR THE REST OF THE SERIES.
Once she decides to stay ugly, things have gone terribly wrong and she has to become pretty to save the Smoke. Kind of. Then she just gets prettier and prettier as everyone makes decisions for her.
While I may not love how the series ended, it’s the perfect answer. Tally wanted to be pretty and she turned pretty, all right.
Mulan – a character who pretends to be someone or something they are not
Toy Story – a book with characters you wish would come to life
Illuminae – I love this series so much and I think everyone in this whole series would be very fun to spend time with IRL. Plus, that probably means I would get to explore space which would be pretty cool.
Disney Descendants – your favorite villain or morally ambiguous character
The Descendants kind of start out as the bad guys in the first book but grow to be Sam’s friends as the story progresses because, well, they have no choice.
I love these two books and had a hard time choosing an answer for this but as soon as I saw this in my Goodreads, I knew it was perfect.
Have you read any of these? Which ones? What are your answers to this tag? If you’ve done a post for this, share it below!