There are affiliate links in here. I get a small commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you
I decided to do something a little different this month for my book club (which you should totally join!) Instead of voting on a book to read this month, we’re going to do a thriller readathon read-along! Well, I’m going to do it and anyone else is welcome to read along with me.
I’ve been in a huge thriller mood lately and after reading The Sundown Motel and Stranger in the Lake, which I loved both of (and would love to discuss if you’ve read them or decide to as part of this), I decided to just keep on going.
So, I picked a bunch of thrillers on my actual TBR list and I’m going to read as many of them as I can in July and would love for you to join me.
There are a lot of wives and girls on this list, apparently, and a mix of well-known and lesser-known thrillers as well. I would love for you to join me in reading one of these, none of these, or all of these so we can chat all things thrillers.
You can see how it went in this post!
- If you want to listen to some of these, consider trying Audible! You can get your first month free (one free book) plus tons of others they have for free. Get that Audible deal here.
- If you’re on more of a budget, try Scribd! You can get your first month free there. You can read books and listen to audiobooks. It is unlimited (especially the reading) but if you listen to tons of new audiobooks you may be restricted after a few. I don’t listen to enough to confirm this, but I do use Scribd myself and like it a lot. Sign up for Scribd here!
- Shop my collection of bookish goodies on Etsy! These aren’t my shop items, but other shops I’ve curated into a book-themed collection. Shop my Etsy bookish goodies here!
- If you want to read more on your Kindle but don’t want to buy books, Kindle Unlimited is a wonderful option. It’s $9.99 a month but if you read a lot and like to read more than just new releases, it could be worth it. Get Kindle Unlimited here!
- Get $5 off of $25 from BookOutlet! This is a great place to find new books for pretty cheap. They also have sales quite a bit, so keep an eye out for those. I tend to check here for books I want if they’re more expensive other places. They don’t have everything but they do have a lot. Shop BookOutlet here!
- Thrift Books has become my go-to when I’m looking for a book and want it cheap. It’s great if you like buying used books. With this you can get a free book after spending $30!
- Shop my book lists here! You can find every book list I have on Bookshop.org (except my monthly round-ups) and I add everything I can but they occasionally won’t have some. I do occasionally add extras though. If any lists are empty, they’ll be filled in shortly! Shop my bookshop.org book lists here.
- Shopping internationally? Check out Book Depository!
The Night Olivia Fell
Abi Knight is startled awake in the middle of the night when her phone rings. There’s been an accident and Olivia, her daughter, fell off of a bridge. And she’s pregnant.
Olivia is now on life support to keep the baby alive when Abi notices the bruises on her wrists. The police rule the fall an accident but Abi wants to uncover the truth. Was it really an accident or was it something more sinister?
Claire is only seven when her college-aged sister disappears at the end of a family vacation on the Caribbean Island of Saint X. Two days later they find her body on a nearby cay and two resort employees are arrested, but the evidence is slim.
Years later Claire is living in New York City when a chance encounter brings her in contact with one of the men arrested for her sister’s murder. Now she sets out to find the truth while an unlikely attachment develops.
A group of people in a small town in Virginia know each other because they all belong to a special treatment center, a hyperbaric chamber to cure a range of conditions.
One day it explodes and two people die, but it wasn’t an accident. A showdown ensues as stories are told and secrets are revealed.
The Whisper Man
Tom Kennedy takes his son, Jake, to Featherbank after the sudden death of his wife believing a fresh start will help, but the town has a dark past.
Twenty years ago, a serial killer abducted and murdered five residents. Then Frank Carter was caught and nicknamed “The Whisper Man” for luring his victims out by whispering by their windows at night.
Just as they settle down, a young boy vanishes and it resembles Frank Carter’s crimes reigniting rumors that he worked with an accomplice. Now detectives have to find the boy before it’s too late. But soon, Jake starts acting strange and hears a whispering at his own window.
My Perfect Wife
Lucas and Elizabeth are the perfect couple. On the outside, at least. She has everything she ever wanted but as she watches her husband chat up the girl next door, she wonders if anyone watching her can see the sadness.
This party is the last chance to prove herself, that she can handle a drink reception without snapping under pressure and it’s all going great until she sees something in the pool that changes everything.
Into the Jungle
Lily found a way to escape the endless foster care system and once she steals enough money for the plane, she’s off on a teaching job in Bolivia. Once she gets there, things fall through but she decides to stay and falls for a local man trying out city life.
Soon Omar learns his nephew was killed by a jaguar and gives Lily a choice: stay in the city alone or join him in the ever more remote villages. Now she has to navigate the jungle and all its wonders and terrors.
Eight Perfect Murders
Malcolm made a list of the mystery genres most unsolvable murders that were almost impossible to track. Years later an FBI agent knocks on his door with questions about a series of unsolved murders that are strikingly similar to his old list.
While he leads his normal book-filled life, the killer is watching him and Mal starts looking for possible suspects with the investigation leaving a trail of deaths in its place.
My Lovely Wife
What happens when your perfect marriage gets too boring? Murder, I guess. After fifteen years with a gorgeous woman, kids, and a life in the suburbs, they shared their darkest secrets and biggest dreams.
Everyone keeps their marriage alive somehow and they just happen to use murder for that.
Don’t Even Breathe
Twenty years later, Maggie Novak is forced to face old secrets when she is called on a case to investigate the charred remains of a young woman in a halloween prank gone wrong.
The body is formally identified as a school counselor, but after looking closer, Maggie recognizes her as a friend that died twenty-five years ago. Now she is forced to confront her dark past that is coming back to haunt her.
The Strangers Wife
This is a story about two very different women: one very wealthy having an affair, and one living hand to mouth suffering at the hands of a violent partner.
You may think they know how their lives will end up but on the 3:15 PM train from London to Bristol, they meet and discover one shocking thing they have in common.
The Broken Girls
In the same vain as The Sundown Motel, this takes place in 1950 and 2014. In 1950 there is a place for troubled girls called Idlewild Hall and rumor is, it’s haunted. Four roommates bond over their fears, until one of them goes missing.
In 2014,Fiona cant stop thinking about her older sisters death. Twenty years ago her body was found in a fields near the runs of Idlewild Hall. While her boyfriend was arrested, Fiona is convinced something isn’t right about the case.
Good Girls Lie
At thee top of a hill in Marchburg, Virginia The Goode School is a prestigious prep school known as Silent Ivy. It’s a boarding school for the daughters of thee rich and influential, accepting only the best and brightest.
But now a stranger has showed up and things are changing. In a world where appearance is everything, as long as students at least pretend to follow the rules, secret societies and bad behavior are generally ignored. At least until a popular student is found dead.
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder
Andie Bell was murdered by Sal Singh five years ago and everyone knows it. But Pippa Fitz-Amobi grew up in the same town and isn’t so sure.
When she chooses to write about the case for her final year project, she starts to uncover secrets that someone wants to desperately keep hidden.
One of Us is Lying
One day, five students walk into detention at Bayview High, but Simon, the outcast, never makes it out and according to investigators, his death wasn’t an accident.
He died on Monday but was planning to reveal a bunch of juicy secrets about his high-profile detention mates making them all suspects in his murder.
Have you read any of these? Are you going to join me in my read-a-thon?! Which ones do you want to read? What are your favorite thrillers?