There are affiliate links in here. I get a small commission if you purchase through them at no extra cost to you.
One of this things I’ve been most excited about starting a book blog for was to participate in book tags and challenges and all that fun stuff. I wasn’t tagged in this, but I thought it would be fun to do the Unpopular Opinion Book Tag. Here is the original video.
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
ACOTAR. I mean, I didn’t hate it, but I definitely didn’t get the hype around it. I’ll finish reading the series because I’m curious, but it’s definitely not in my top books.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
Divergent. It obviously could have been better, but whenever I see people talking about how much they hated it, I look around shiftily and pretend to agree, but I didn’t hate it like most people seem to.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
Harry Potter spoilers: I don’t like Harry and Ginny! I for sure ship Harry/Luna waaaaay more.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Faeires and anything romance heavy. I will read these occasionally but I definitely prefer other things. And vampires/zombies. I will never voluntarily read anything with either of these unless I don’t realize it has vampires or zombies, then when I do realize it, I’ll most likely stop reading it. Oh, and I don’t like contemporary very much either. I just don’t get into them very much and think they can be a little boring.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Feyre. I had to think about this waaaaay longer than I really should have. I mentioned in the NOPE Book Tag that I hate how she never listens to anyone and it was so frustrating! Like, I know that’s driving the story, but girl. Come on. Listen to someone that knows better like, once.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
John Green. And Nicholas Sparks. I mentioned above I’m not a fan of romance and that’s what they are. I won’t even try reading them and I don’t feel bad about that.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Dystopian love triangles! This feels really specific, but this is where it bothers me the most. The “I’ve been told I’m beautiful forever but think I’m less than average” girl. The “he’s my neighbor and wee grew up together but I don’t like him” boy. The “super hot government agent that storms in to ruin their lives” boy. And all of a sudden she’s in love with both of them and has to work with both of them to save the world.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
The Mortal Instruments. Vampire Academy. After.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I cannot think of anything for this one. But there are a lot of movies and TV shows I haven’t seen. I’m usually a re-watcher not a watch-something-new-er. Soooo, I’ll come back to this one.
Do you agree with any of these? Which ones? Anything you disagree with? If you do this tag, let me know! I want to see your answers!